Winslow Animal Hospital includes a full-service rehabilitation physical therapy center dedicated to improving the quality of life of our animal companions by restoring mobility and alleviating pain. Our mission is to provide rehabilitative services for your pet from a team of veterinary professionals who have undergone advanced study and are certified in canine rehabilitation (CCRP or CCRT) and acupuncture (CVA).
Each patient receives a comprehensive examination and evaluation from a veterinarian certified in canine rehabilitation, who then coordinates with Linda Franzini, Certified Rehabilitation Practitioner (click here to read her bio!) to develop an individualized rehab program which takes into consideration the patient’s immediate and long-term needs and the owners’ expectations. Careful attention is given to each pet’s unique personality when choosing appropriate therapies.
Some of the benefits of Rehabilitation Therapy are:
- Quicker recovery and return to full function after injury and surgery
- Reduced pain (minimizes the need for pain medications)
- Increased joint mobility and muscle flexibility
- Increased muscle mass and strength
- Increased stamina
- Weight loss
- Geriatric patients show significant improvements with arthritic pain and related mobility problems
- Promotes physical well-being and improves quality of life