Signs your pet ate high-strength glue:
- Loss of appetite
Let’s face it – there are lots of things in our houses that our pets should not eat or chew on. Grapes and raisins, chocolate, power cords, coins… the list is just too long. Some things are very appealing and deadly, like anti-freeze. Others are not great, but are usually ignored or are not especially dangerous.
Powerful adhesives like wood glue or construction glue fall into the mild to moderate level of toxicity, according to the Pet Poison Helpline. These high-strength glues can cause irritation to the gastrointestinal tract. When it mixes with the contents of the stomach, the glue may foam up, expand, and harden, causing a dangerous obstruction of the gastrointestinal tract. It may require surgery to remove.