Download the International Health Certificate information form

In order to travel to other states and internationally, pets are required to have a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI), often called a Health Certificate. This document provides information about your pet’s health before travel, such as showing that your pet is up-to-date on vaccinations and is not showing symptoms of any contagious diseases. The requirements vary depending on where you would like to go, so it is essential to begin doing the research on your destination’s requirements as soon as possible. 

Plan Ahead

It is especially important to plan ahead if you will be traveling internationally (or to Hawaii) which will require even more strict standards, and may require exams far in advance of your departure.

The veterinarians of Winslow Animal Hospital are certified by the USDA to provide health certificates. However, it is the responsibility of the owner to know what documents are needed and to complete them in time.

If you plan to fly, before you schedule your appointment, check with your carrier and the state(s) you are traveling to; find out how long they will honor the health certificate after the date the certificate is issued. Most airlines require pet health certificates that are no more than 10 days old. Always make sure to contact the carrier you will be flying with to verify any special requirements.