We at Winslow Animal Hospital were delighted to have Girl Scout Troop 30305 come to our Sicklerville, New Jersey animal hospital to learn about what a veterinary team does! Dr. Philippe Coudrai gave a presentation on what veterinarians do and the education it takes to become a veterinarian. Then, Dr. Coudrai showed the Scouts around the whole hospital, including:
- our rehabilitation facility with its aquatic treadmill,
- the exam rooms where doctors perform physical exams, acupuncture treatments,
- our dental treatment station
- our lab/pharmacy area where we perform tests
- our surgery rooms, where our doctors perform both orthopedic surgeries and soft tissue surgeries
Dr. Coudrai also showed the Scouts some cool veterinary items, including real teeth that had been extracted, parasites, and the tools we use to diagnose illness in dogs and cats.
Thank you to the Girl Scouts and the leaders who brought them to learn about being a veterinarian!